Huff n Puff Forums Forum Index Huff n Puff Forums
Support for people with interstitial lung disease
View next topic
View previous topic
Greg
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 8:53 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

As reported in the Saint Petersburg Times, police officers in Tampa, FL cancelled their usual holiday gift exchange, instead applying the funds toward a colleague diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, on a waiting list for a double lung transplant. Officer James Bryan, 52, is a 24-year veteran of the police force but was forced to retire in September due to progression of his disease.
Holly

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:53 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Wonderful! Very Happy
strayze

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:29 am Reply with quote    Back to top    

There's a story in last year's "The Capital" from Annapolis MD entitled "Navy Captain Survives Rare Surgery" published 3/25/02. This active person had IPF-UIP which get bad quick. He had a lung transplant in California with donation from matching live donors.
T

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:20 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Trey Schwab of Marquette University will have a segment on ESPN Sports this next Sunday night somewhere between the hours of 11 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. He needs a lung and is active in promoting organ donations. He posted on the old forum.
Holly

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:37 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

T wrote:
Trey Schwab of Marquette University will have a segment on ESPN Sports this next Sunday night somewhere between the hours of 11 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. He needs a lung and is active in promoting organ donations. He posted on the old forum.

Here are some of his posts from the old Huff & Puff site:

I am Trey Posted by Trey <mailto:> on 2002-12-21 12:58:33am

Dori:

I just recently found out about this message board. I was diagnosed with UIP-IPF just over a year ago. I have been on Actimmune since January, but it looks like my case of IPF is in the severe category, so it doesn't seem to be doing much good. I have already been listed for a lung transplant at the University of Wisconsin, so I am just waiting my turn for that.

I am an assistant basketball coach at Marquette University in Milwaukee and lately, my story has been getting some attention in our local media, and now ESPN and a couple of other national media outlets are in the process of doing stories about myself, the disease, and the need to get people signed up to be organ donors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
Posted by Trey <mailto:treyschwab.nospam@yahoo.com> on 2002-12-21 12:41:22am

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts and well-wishes. I will be sure to post a note as soon as I hear for sure when the ESPN story is going to air.

I just found out about this message board, and the first time that I pulled it up, I saw the discussion about the newspaper article about me.

If anyone would like to contact me directly, just drop the ".nospam" from the e-mail address that I posted. I just do that to mess up the leeches that would like to spam us all to death.

Trey
strayze

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:59 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

Good work Holly! You are a mastersleuth for sure.

View next topic
View previous topic