Huff n Puff Forums Forum Index Huff n Puff Forums
Support for people with interstitial lung disease
View next topic
View previous topic
Greg
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote    Back to top    

As many of you know, the last several weeks on Huff-n-Puff have been turbulent, primarily because of differences over the religious content posted here. I had hoped this debate would naturally subside, but it has persisted, even becoming more divisive and personal with time.

The bottom line is that to address the "war of words" here, I believe I must now take action to preserve the integrity of the forum. Out of respect for the individuals involved, I do not want to go into any specific details, but please understand that I have thought this through very carefully and it is with reluctance that I take these steps.

It is with great sadness that I must revoke Holly's moderator privileges. I want to thank Holly for her years of service to the forum and I leave the door open for her continued participation. Her depth of insight and research capabilities are a very important part of this community. While I don't believe I have a choice in removing her moderator privileges at this time, I leave open the possibility that her moderator status may be reinstated in the future.

In the interest of restoring peace on the forum and removing the expectations that go along with being a moderator, Pam (Mrs. W) has given up her moderator privileges. She will continue to be an important contributor on this forum, and like Holly, her contributions will be highly valued.

Along with strayze, I will also act as a moderator. The primary function of the moderator is to ensure the integrity of the forum by removing spam, duplicate posts, and moving misplaced posts to the proper sub-forums. Please contact either strayze or myself with any questions or concerns needing our attention.

Finally, I have created a sub-forum entitled "Words of Comfort", where posts with primarily faith-based or religious content can be posted freely. As is normal with any human interaction, our personality, beliefs, and concern for others will enter into our routine conversation. I will not attempt to limit this type of communication on any Huff-n-Puff sub-forum. I do ask, however, that posts with primarily faith-based or religious content be posted in the new sub-forum.

Again, it is with a heavy heart that I have taken these steps, particularly with regards to the moderator changes. It is my hope that with time we can heal the divisions formed in the recent weeks, and that we can get back to the business of helping each other in our time of need.

Please direct any questions or concerns to me by private message or email.

Thank you,

Greg
Huff-n-Puff Administrator

View next topic
View previous topic